Thursday, August 14, 2008

Covered Journal

Hello :) Wow, can you believe it, I covered a Journal. My first time ever. A friend Vanessa from Freckle Friends inspired me to try and create something like this. She does a wonderful job herself. My husband and I are giving this journal as a Thank You gift to a friend at his work that lent us a book to read. I titled the journal ( Memory Verses ), so she can jot down her favorite Bible Scriptures. I really enjoyed the colors I chose. It reminds me of an Old Antique Item. The Journal I found at Micheals in the Dollar Baskets. The 2 print papers I found at The Scrapbook Lounge in Montclair. I added some Dark Brown ribbon along with some Sheer Organza light brown ribbon which I tied a small bow. I made my own Tag Label, scalloped the edges and distressed with Colorbox Chalk in Chestnut Roan.I covered the title label with the same organza ribbon I used for the side of the journal. I added some mini circle antique copper brads. Before I was all done I added some Gold Stickles to some of the swirls on the pattern paper. On the inside cover I did place another small tag saying, " Plant a seed of Kindness, Gather a bouquet of Friendship". I'm sure some of you had seen this quote before. Why don't you try covering a journal yourself, send me a pic of your finish project so I can post on my Site :) HAPPY STAMPIN....BEC ~

No comments: